Litigation Technology Specialist
We seek full-time experienced litigation technology specialists who can hit the ground running with our world class Discovery and Litigation Technology and European Practice Support teams in our Brussels and Washington offices.
Under the direction of a senior staff attorney and in conjunction with other Firm staff attorneys and associates, our litigation technology specialists assist our legal teams on technical aspects of litigation support and eDiscovery. Successful litigation technology specialists demonstrate substantial working litigation technology expertise, strong client service focus, resourcefulness, and effective problem-solving under pressure in our fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment. These positions will afford selected candidates the opportunity to work on highly-visible and innovative matters, the chance to collaborate with leaders in eDiscovery, and the opportunity to develop creative technical solutions to challenging eDiscovery issues. If you are a technologist who likes to tinker to develop creative workarounds or who has programming skills that you frequently use to achieve desired results when facing technical obstacles, this may be the position for you.
Summary of Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise on litigation support software and hardware to include recommending, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting databases and imagebases;
- Assists in supporting computer networks;
- Oversees and monitors vendor projects for quality control, working with litigation teams to create and maintain document repositories and document tracking systems, testing and ensuring quality in all product deliverables;
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to optimize hardware and network resources to support our eDiscovery operations; and
- Assists in training attorneys and paralegals on document databases.
- 3-5 years’ experience in litigation technology industry or litigation in a law firm preferably working on complex multi-party litigation;
- Law firm IT, paralegal, and/or European Union case management and litigation experience, a plus;
- Substantial working knowledge in application and management of litigation technology platforms and databases and computer network technology such as Concordance, LAW, Documatrix, Relativity, IPRO, Opticon, LiveNote, CaseMap, external web-based document repositories, and external web-based case management tools;
- Experience with forensics tools and trial software, including Encase and Trial Director , preferred;
- Solid command of Microsoft applications;
- Excellent command of English; any other European language is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to manage computer networks and network storage;
- Effective oral and written communication skills for presentation and reporting functions;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team, and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Reliable contributor with stamina, ability to work under pressure, and to adhere to deadlines; and
- Professional ethic and manner with demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to all Firm affairs and business.
Who to Contact
Please send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to BruAdminRecruit@cgsh.com.